Beats Solo is a wireless headphone known for its powerful processor and battery life. The turning point for this series was bringing Beats Solo 3, which sold like a hot cake.
However, to fulfill the public demand and meet the new technology, Beats Electronics plans to bring their 4th generation Beats Solo headphones very soon. In this article will learn about the expected Beats Solo 4 release date and estimated features.
Beats Solo 4 Release Date and Latest News
Beats Electronics LLC is Apple’s parent organization headquartered in Culver City, California. The brand is primarily known for producing premium speakers and headphones. The Beats Solo series is popular headphone series from Beats Electronics.
All the headphone models from the Beats solo series are equipped with a 40mm powerful driver’s setup and a powerful processor from Apple; these headphones can sound highly satisfactory. The headphones are superior in every way possible, which is why they are an extremely demanded product in the market though the price is a bit high.
However, as there is no official leak or announcement of the Beats Solo 4 release, we need to consider the previous product’s release time and the time gap between them to get an estimated release time. So check out the below chart first.
|Model||Release Date||Driver Size||Connectivity||Processor|
|Beats Solo HD||March 2010||40MM||Wired||Apple W1|
|Beats Solo HD Wireless||6th June 2013||40MM||Bluetooth 4.0||Apple W1|
|Beats Solo 2||November 2014||40MM||Wired||Apple W1|
|Beats Solo 2 Wireless||8th June 2015||40MM||Bluetooth 4.0||Apple W1|
|Beats Solo 3||7th September 2016||40MM||Bluetooth 4.0||Apple W1|
|Beats Solo Pro||30th October 2019||50mm||Bluetooth 5.0||Apple H1|
We can see that after the Beats Solo HD or 1 and 2 releases, Beats Electronics brings another wireless version. Still, as the Beats Solo 3 already came with Bluetooth connectivity, we expect the Solo series to bring the Beats Solo 4 very soon.
However, as there is no specific pattern of release time, we need to consider the time gap, and by considering it, we expect to have Beats Solo 4 in 2023. According to rumors, we will get the upcoming Beats Solo 4 at the beginning of 2023.
The exact month of release time is tough to say as there is still no lead from Beats Electronic. However, check out the below section to see the expected specifications and features.
We Expect to Have These Features in the Beats Solo 4
Till Beats Solo 3, we didn’t get any considerable improvement which we will find in the Beats Solo Pro. So we are expecting that the Beats Solo 4 will come with a vast improvement. The expected features are given below.
- If we look into previous models of this Beats Solo series, we will notice they are still using an older chipset from apple, except the Beats Solo Pro. Though the Apple W1 is still powerful, it is not meet the current technology. On the other hand, Beats Solo Pro comes with Apple H1, which is a bit older considering the current market. So we are expecting to have the Apple H2 processor in the upcoming Beats Solo 4.
- Another improvement sector is driver size. A bigger driver size gives a wide range of sound profile experiences. Before the Beats Solo Pro was released, all the previous models had 40 mm drivers, and in the Beats Solo Pro, a pair of 50mm drivers was used. So in the upcoming Beats Solo 4, we expect to have the 50mm drivers set up.
- On the other hand, all the previous Beats Solo wireless headphone models come with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity except the Beats Solo Pro which has Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. However, the Beats Solo 4 should have Bluetooth 5.2 or 5.3.
- The battery life of all the previous models is still acceptable and pretty decent. You will get almost 40 hours of playback without ANC on. And with ANC, the backup reduces to 22 hours. If with better technology, the Beats Solo 4 can deliver at least 30 hours of playback with ANC on, then it will be a massive improvement over the previous models.
- One thing you will miss in every Beats Solo model till now is water and dust protection. None of them have an IP rating which is pretty unfair at this price point. Considering the comparable market, they need to bring the Beats Solo 4 with IP-rated water and dust protection.
Beats Solo 4 Estimate Price
When launched, most Beats Solo series headphones came with a $199 to $230 price tag. Though the Beats Solo Pro came with slightly more pricing as it improves a lot in its specifications and features.
However, as the value of money continuously decreases over time and equipment with the latest technology increases the price of anything, the Beats Solo 4 will come with slightly more pricing. The estimated price of the Beats Solo 4 will be around $230 to $250.
All of the previous models were noticeably down the price after some days when they were newly launched. So if you have a budget issue, wait some time to decrease its value. And if you can not wait much, you can go for preorder booking when the product is available, as the price will be less while preordering because of vouchers and cashback offers.
Are Beats Solo 4 Worth it in 2023? Are Beats overpriced?
As Beats Solo Pro was released with all the latest technology according to its release time, we expect the same with the Beats Solo 4. So if Beats Electronics can bring the Beats Solo 4 with all the latest technology available and a better driver & battery setup, surely it will be a value-for-money deal.
Several brands manufacture cheap headphones with the exact specifications and features, but they are not even close to the Beats when considering their quality. Besides this, Beats Electronics has a better brand value, creating reliable user experiences, which is why the extra money they are taking is justified.
How long do Beats Last on Average in One Charge?
Most of the Beats Solo headphones are equipped with 350mAh batteries, by which you will get almost 40 hours of playback time if the ANC is turned off. And with ANC on, you will get around 22-24 hours of playtime.
The most exciting thing is you can have 3 hours of playback time with Just 5 minutes of charging. And to fully charge, it takes around 2 hours. Charging and battery backup of the Beats Solo series are very prominent.
Still, turning on the ANC mode will reduce the battery backup by almost half, which is pretty annoying; if they can fix the issue with better technology on the upcoming Beats Solo 4, then the battery backup of it will be more convenient.
Do Beats have Good Sound Quality?
Beats Electronics is a well-known headphone and speaker manufacturer that only produces premium segment speakers and headphones. The only thing the brand is concerned about is the sound quality, where you will get superior sound quality.
So in the specification and features, the Beats speaker may remain low, but in terms of sound quality, there is no comparison of it. The beats speakers and headphones can deliver balanced sound output where the lower frequency mid and treble will never be mixed, so you can enjoy any type of music, ensuring the best audio output from your Beats headphones or speaker.
From the above discussion, I hope you now know what you want to know about the upcoming Beats Solo 4. So if you need a featured and specification-rich headphone, wait for the Beats Solo 4.
And if you cannot wait that long, you can also go for the Beats Solo Pro as it has better specifications and features considering other headphones in the Beats Solo series. If you are interested in buying the Beats Solo series headphones, you can watch a YouTube video review and sound test to compare them with other headphones.