If your projector produces blurry or imprinted images and encounters focus issues, that means the lens inside the projector is dirty, which can be dust or and fungus. Over time the lens accumulates dust which reduces the brightness and sharpness.
However, cleaning the projector lens is not an easy thing as it can be damaged its construction and quality anyhow if you are not careful enough.
So if you are wondering how to clean a projector inside lens properly, don’t worry we are here to help you.
Particularly, with the proper material and procedure, you can easily avoid damages and clean the lens inside of your projector.
Things You Will Need to Clean the Projector Inside Lens
First thing first, before starting the cleaning procedure, you need to collect some proper material. You can easily avoid damages and clean the lens properly with these proper materials. The materials are given below.
1. Screwdriver Box
Firstly, collect or buy a screwdriver set with a different-sized screwdriver as the projectors come with different size screws inside and outside of it.
Moreover, you can easily open any projector parts without damaging them with a specific-sized screwdriver. On the other hand, having a screwdriver set is essential too for fixing anything.
2. Compressed Air
Now manage a compressed air source; it can be either a compressed air machine or anything that produces compressed air like compressed air spray, which can be found on any hardware shop.
If you cannot manage any air compressor machine, you can use a manual lens blower for the cleaning. However, you can also make a DYI air compressor on your own to clean the lens.
3. Microfiber Cloth or Towel
You cannot use paper towels or any abrasive pads or cloths for cleaning the lens as their sharp texture can easily create permanent stains.
To avoid these types of damages, you need to collect a microfiber cloth or towel as it is made with polyamide and polyester, ensuring the best dust cleaning and preventing damages.
4. Lens cleaning solution
There are plenty of lens cleaning solution liquids on the market from different brands. You can easily find them in any glass and lens shop near your area.
You can choose one of them; otherwise, you can also make it easily by combining 3 parts rubbing alcohol to 1-part the water in the spritz bottle with 1-2 drops of dish soap and mixing them properly.
5. Lens Brushes
There are some brushes for cleaning the lens, which is made with soft bristles; you can collect them from any camera lens shop. Additionally, you can also use makeup brushes that come with smoother bristles.
But make sure the brush you are picking has softer bristles; otherwise, it can damage your lens by creating permanent stains.
6. Tissues or Paper Towel
You cannot directly clean the lens with the tissues or paper towel as they have a sharp texture. But you can clean the other surface of the lens parts by using tissues or a paper towel.
Moreover, you can absorb the cleaning liquids from the lens with the tissues or paper towel, but make sure you are not directly wiping the dust.
Procedure of How to Clean a Projector Inside Lens
- First of all, turn off the power of your projector and leave it for cool down
- Now unplug the projector from the power socket to avoid a short circuit.
- Then open the casing of the projector with the help of the screwdrivers.
- Now apply the compressed air to clean the inside of the projector wholly.
- Then unscrew the parts and lens from the casing and put them aside carefully.
- Start cleaning all the parts individually with the brush and compressed air.
- Now take the lens and wipe off the dust properly with the microfiber towel.
- For better cleaning of the lens, apply the lens cleaning solution liquid on it.
- Use the lens cleaning brushes or makeup brushes to apply the liquid properly.
- Leave the lens for 1 or 2 minutes with the lens cleaning solution liquid on it.
- Now use tissues or paper towels to absorb the cleaning liquids from the lens.
- Use the microfiber towel to clean the lens surface better for a final touch.
- Fit the lens and all parts perfectly in the place, do it carefully to avoid any damage.
Precaution Before Cleaning the Projector Inside Lens
- Make sure you unplug the power cord from the power source before cleaning.
- If you are new to projector maintenance, take expert help for the first time doing.
- Clean all the parts as the dust from other parts can go to the lens again.
- Don’t use water for cleaning any parts from the projector, especially lens.
- Never use t-shirt cloth or any fabric other than microfiber cloth or towel.
- Ensure the brush you are using is made with the soft and smooth bristles
- Make sure the product you are using is specially made for lens cleaning.
- Do all the Lens cleaning processes in a circular motion to avoid stains.
- Spray the compressed air from at least 7” away from the lens and parts.
- Unplug and Plug all the ribbons with care from the parts of the projector.
In the above section, I have discussed the proper materials and specific ways of how to clean a projector inside lens. With the help of the discussion, I hope you can easily clean your projector’s inside with lens.
On the other hand, take the help of a video tutorial over the internet if you are still confused, then follow the instruction step by step from the above section to clean the projector inside the lens.
However, it would be best if you cleaned the projector lens at least once a month to prevent the blurry nature of the lens and ensure a brighter and sharper picture and overall great watching experience.