JBL Flip series is well known for its compact and portable design. The series got famous when the 5th generation JBL Flip was released. In this continuation popularity, JBL 6 was sold like a hot cake. However, to maintain the sequence, JBL is planning to bring their upcoming model of this series. In this article, we will discuss the expected JBL Flip 7 release date, specifications, and features.
JBL Flip 7: Release Date and Latest News
JBL Flip 7 has a great JBL signature sound and a powerful bass radiator. So if you want a portable speaker with superb sound quality, then the JBL Flip series is the prominent speaker series for you. Along with a solid build and rugged design, it is much more durable than an outdoor speaker.
This series also has vibrant color options, so you can choose whatever suit you the most. However, there is no official announcement of JBL Flip 7 yet. But by reviewing the previous models’ release dates and their time gap, we can get an estimated release date. So check out the below chart first.
|Model||Release Date||Driver Power||Battery Capacity||IP rating|
|JBL Flip 1||2012||16 watts||1000 mAh||IPX7|
|JBL Flip 2||27th January 2014||12 watts||2000 mAh||IPX7|
|JBL Flip 3||September 2015||16 watts||3000 mAh||IPX7|
|JBL Flip 4||2017||16 watts||3000 mAh||IPX7|
|JBL Flip 5||1st August 2019||20 watts||4800 mAh||IPX7|
|JBL Flip 6||2nd September 2021||20 watts||4800 mAh||IP67|
The above chart shows that every Flip model was released two years later than the previous model’s release. So, according to the time gap calculation, the most possible year for JBL Flip 7 release is June to November of 2023.
The estimated month is hard to say as there is no similarity or pattern in the previous model’s release months. However, check out the section below to see the expected specifications and features of JBL Flip 7.
We Expect to Have These Features in the New Flip 7
Every JBL Flip new model comes with new specifications and features. So JBL Flip 7 will also come with huge improvements on the driver unit, battery capacity, charging port, IP rating, and lots more. The expected features of the new Flip 7 are given below.
- As the previous two models have the same driver power, we can expect slightly more driver power this time with the new JBL Flip 7. In our prediction, between 24 to 30 watts of total RMS will be given on the upcoming JBL Flip 7.
- The same thing will happen in the battery sector two. As the previous two models have the exact same battery setup now, we can expect at least a 5500 mah battery capacity. The previous battery update was huge, but as the increase of capacity requires more space in the speaker shell, where compatibility will be compromised, so the increase of battery capacity won’t be huge this time.
- JBL Flip 5 and 6 both have USB Type-C ports for charging as it is the latest USB technology; this thing will remain the same on the JBL Flip 7. But on the upcoming model, we can expect the fast charging support which is missing on the previous generation JBL Flip speakers.
- Until JBL Flip 5, they had Bluetooth 4.2, but the JBL Flip 5 has been updated to Bluetooth 5.1. Still, Bluetooth 5.1 is well-developed Bluetooth technology; it may remain the same on the JBL Flip 7; otherwise, we may get Bluetooth 5.2 or 5.3 either.
- The only upgrade on the IP rating section we get is on the JBL Flip 6. So on the upcoming model, we can expect another update in this section with IP68 or IP69K.
JBL Flip 7 Estimate Price
The previous JBL Flip models were sold with an $80 to $100 price tag when they were newly launched. The price of anything increases over time as the value of the money decrease over time. On the other hand, improved specifications and features come with more pricing.
On the other hand, the estimated price for the upcoming JBL Flip 7 also depends on how many updates we will get. However, by considering the expected specification and features, the estimated price of the new JBL Flip should be between $100 to $110.
Price is not a stable thing; most of the time, the price falls after a few days when the product is launched. So if you have a budget issue, you can either wait or go for the previous version. And if you want all the latest technology and feature without waiting much, just preorder when it is available, as by doing so, you will get some vouchers and cashback offer from official JBL distributors.
Which is the Latest JBL Flip?
Until now, JBL Flip 6 is the latest speaker of the Flip series. The only update we can get on this model is on the Bluetooth version and IP rating. So if you ask the US if it is value for money, we will say it depends as Bluetooth 5.1 can bring huge connectivity improvement for you over the previous Bluetooth 4.2.
Otherwise, JBL Flip 5 came for around $20 cheaper with the same driver power, USB Type-C input, and battery capacity. So, according to pricing, JBL Flip 5 is much more convincing if the Bluetooth version does not matter too much to you.
JBL Charge vs JBL Flip: Which is Louder?
As the JBL Flip 4 and 5 both come with 20 watts of total RMS, you will get louder audio output from these two devices compared to other Flip series speakers. On the other hand, The latest JBL Charge 4 comes with 30 watts of total RMS, and JBL Charge 5 has 40 watts of total RMS, which is way more than the Flip 4 and 5.
Similarly, in every same-generation speaker of these two series, the charge speaker’s power output is superior to the Flip series speaker. So if we consider the driver power, technically, JBL Charge is the loudest speaker series than the JBL Flip series.
After all of the discussion, we hope now you know each and everything you need to know about the upcoming JBL Flip speaker, including the most possible release time for JBL Flip 7 and its expected features.
If you want a featureful and loudest JBL Flip speaker, wait for the Flip 7 release. And if you can not wait too long to buy a speaker, you can still go for the previous models.
However, if you want to know more about the previous JBL Flip speaker, you can search for them on Google to know all the related information. You can also watch the video reviews of these speakers on YouTube for a better understanding.