The UE brand gains vast popularity with the release of the 3rd generation Megaboom series speaker, whose specifications and features are really appreciable.
However, to make their product more technologically advanced and updated now, they are planning to bring the upcoming model of this series. So in this article, we will talk about the expected UE Megaboom 4 release date, features, and estimated price of it.
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 4 Release Date and Latest News
The UE stands for Ultimate Ears, which is a subsidiary brand of Logitech. The brand was founded in 2008; since then, it has started producing various earphones and speakers.
The brand is specifically known for its top-class portable speaker, and among them, UE Megaboom is the most popular portable speaker series in the current market. So to maintain this popularity, the UE brand needs to bring new products to the lineup equipped with the latest technology and features available.
UE Megaboom 1 – January 2015
UE Megaboom 3 – 30th August 2018
As we can see, the first generation Megaboom series speaker was launched in 2015, and then after three years, the brand brought the third generation Megaboom speaker. And anyhow, they missed the UE Megaboom 2. So as the UE Megaoom was launched in 2018, technically, it is not appropriate to use it anymore; the brand should release the upcoming UE Megaboom 4 soon.
However, as there is no official leak or announcement, we can not say the exact release date of the upcoming UE Megaboom. And if we consider previous models’ release dates and the time gap between them in that case, we can see that the previous two UE Megaboom speakers were released within three years.
so we were expecting the same with the next generation Megaboom speaker, but still, they did not bring the upcoming UE Megaboom speaker. But according to rumors, we get to know that the UE Megaboom 4 will be released as early as in the summer or fall of 2023. We must sit back and wait for the official announcement to get the specific release date.
We Expect to Have These Features in the UE Megaboom 4
Before we start discussing the expected features of the upcoming UE Megaboom 4, let’s check the chart below first.
|Model||Driver Setup||Battery Life||Charging Dock||Connectivity||IP Rating|
|UE Megaboom 1||two 2-inch drivers||20 hours||No||Bluetooth 4.2+3.5mm AUX port||IPX7|
|UE Megaboom 3||two 2-inch drivers||Up to 20 hrs||Yes||Bluetooth 4.2||IP67|
- As we can see, both previous UE Megaboom speakers have the exact same driver setup, and as the max sound level and frequency response are also the same, the total RMS of both speakers should be the same. So we can expect a bit of change on the driver setup section with the upcoming Megaboom 4, where an additional tweeter can be added. And the woofers can be more powerful this time.
- Another improvement section we can notice in the connectivity section is that the UE Megaboom 1 and 3 both had Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity which should be updated on the next-generation UE Megaboom speaker. On the other hand, the 3.5mm AUX input port has been removed from the UE Meagaboom 3, which was present in the previous version though it is not a vital feature anymore. So this time, we expect to have the latest Bluetooth 5.2 or 5.3 on the upcoming UE Megaboom 4, and the 3.5mm AUX input may be present or absent.
- The UE Megaboom 1 and 2 both has similar battery setup with the same battery life, and no one has USB Type-C for charging; instead, they both have a Micro USB charging port. So we expect to get a bigger battery with a type-C charging port on the next-generation Megaboom speaker.
- Though the UE Megaboom 3 has improved a lot on the water and dust protection over the previous one with IP67, it still is not the superior water and dust protection, so the upcoming UE Megaboom 4 should come with IP68 or IP69K.
- The first generation UE Megaboom speaker had a total of 5 color variations, and the Megaboom 3 had seven colors. So the upcoming UE Megaboom 4 can be available with nine color options.
UE Megaboom 4 Estimate Price
The first generation UE MegaBoom was launched with a $299.99 price tag, which is huge if we consider its specifications and features. The overpricing of the UE Megaboom is the main reason behind its failure.
However, Ultimate Ears could resolve the issue with UE Megaboom 4, which was released with a $199.99 price tag with even better specifications and features than the previous one, so it was sold like a hot cake. So we expect the upcoming UE Megaboom 4 to be released at a similar price.
But as the value of money is not stable and equipment of the latest technology is costly, the fixed digit price of the upcoming Megaboom speaker is hard to tell. However, the estimated price of the UE Megaboom 4 should be between $200 to $220.
When was Megaboom 3 Released?
As we mentioned earlier, the UE Megaboom 3 was released on 30th August 2018. Better pricing with better specifications & features makes it more preferable and convenient.
How Many DB is MEGABOOM?
The max sound output level of both Megaboom speakers is 90 DB.
Are Megabooms Waterproof?
Yes, both Megaboom speakers are waterproof. Along with the first-generation Megaboom speaker, you will get IPX7-rated water and dust protection, which can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes. And the UE Megaboom 3 has IP68, which can be submerged up to 1.5 meters in water for 30 minutes.
How Long Does Megaboom 3 Battery Last in One Charge?
The UE Megaboom 3 has a 7.4-volt 2600mAh lithium-ion battery, by which you will get around 20 hours of playback on a full charge, as per the company’s claim. In our testing, we get around 16 hours of playback time with 70% volume, which may extend to nearly 20 hours if the volume is 50% or lower. The speaker takes 2.5 hours to charge fully.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 vs Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM 3
Build quality and design-wise, both are pretty similar, but soundwise the UE Megaboom 3 is much superior to the UE Boom 3. The drivers from the Megaboom 3 can sound better than the drivers from UE Boom 3.
On the other hand, The Boom 3 has a 92.4 Hz low-frequency extension and 15.8 kHz high-frequency extension, whereas the Megaboom 3 has a 72.3 Hz low-frequency extension and 18.2 kHz high-frequency extension.
So as we can see, the Megaboom has better low-range and high-range sound output frequency, which makes it preferable to the Boom 3. In terms of battery backup, the Megaboom 3 took first place too. Check out the comparison videos from YouTube for a better understanding.
At the end of the article, we expect you will already know all the related things about the upcoming UE Megaboom 4 speaker, including the expected release time and features. If you are interested in buying a Meagaboom speaker, we recommend waiting until the 4th generation Megaboom release.
As the Megaboom 3 won’t be a wise choice anymore in 2023. And if you are planning to buy the upcoming UE Megaboom 4, we will say wait until sometime after its release as the launching price tag is much higher still; you can buy it if you are crazy to have it.